Opportunities in Clerical/Admin Support
Dedicated to supporting NSALA's mission our staff is committed to providing the best service to our adopters and clients.
Sorry, there are no listings in this department at this time.
Opportunities in Corporate Services
Whether you have years of experience or your career is just getting started, our corporate offices offer a great range of positions and professional careers.
Director of Interactive Web Marketing
We are currently seeking a resourceful and dynamic individual as a Director-Interactive Web Marketing to execute tactical interactive fundraising plans that will build new relationships with individuals interested in our mission with the goal of acquiring new donors and providing giving opportunities for these new donors through digital related channels.
Key description of this role will include:
Utilizing the current infrastructure, this position will need to enhance the current on-line communications strategy by facilitating the development and delivery of required fundraising elements (email appeals, donation forms & tracking) to support donor acquisition, retention and loyalty campaigns across website properties. Review all emails including links, copy, layout and test transactions prior to launch. Integrate external channels such as Google, Facebook, and Partner Ad Networks into the campaign strategy which includes but is not limited to paid search.
Working in conjunction with the internal teams for all assets, schedule of appeals, fundraising stories in e-newsletters, resending of appeals, updating of homepage banners, and website content.
Accurately summarizing and communicating the status of all campaigns, initiatives, results, and trends with internal teams is essential.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years integrated direct marketing experience.
- Solid foundation of basic fundraising principles and proven experience developing successful fundraising marketing campaigns.
- Experience executing successful lead and donor conversion tactics.
- Experience in executing online, digital, SEO/SEM marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating creative development process.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to timelines.
- Ability to perform detailed work with meticulous accuracy.
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills and ability to collaborate effectively on a dynamic team.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet usage.
- Strong experience using Blackbaud Luminate or other similar application
The successful candidate will be a business strategist who has 3-5 years of professional experience managing on-line/digital fundraising initiatives. Must possess accomplished verbal and written communication skills along with meticulous attention to detail. Experience with Blackbaud Luminate strongly required. For consideration, all submitted resumes MUST include salary requirements.
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package.
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@animalleague.org.
Opportunities in Medical Services
Our Medical Staff bring care, compassion, and empathy to their job every day of the year, enriching the lives of the countless animals they serve.
If you have a love for animals and a passion to start a career in the veterinary field, this is the place for you! At NSALA Veterinary Assistants play a crucial role in our everyday mission to provide quality care to our patients. We provide ongoing training that enhances your professional growth and a learning environment with state of the art medical equipment. The perfect candidate for this position must be detailed oriented with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and provide exceptional customer service to our clients and medical staff, must be able to lift 40-50lbs, maintain the cleanliness of the exam rooms and assist the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians when needed.
• High School Diploma / GED
• Previous veterinary office and/or shelter experience a plus, but will train the right person.
• Must have flexibility to work weekend, day & night shifts.
• Basic computer skills a must
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal/ Bi-lingual a plus
• Must have a love for animals
We are currently seeking a full time Staff Veterinarian to join our team of professionals.
NSALA provides high quality medicine in a shelter environment, managing a large and challenging medical and surgical caseload. This includes general practice, pediatrics, surgeries, hospital rounds and spay/neuter procedures. Our state-of-the-art Medical Center is fully equipped with x-ray, pulse ox, tonopen, 4 oxygen cages, ultra sound machines, IV fluid pumps and full dental & some in-house orthopedic capabilities.
A New York State DVM license with at least 3+ years of experience required. Candidates must have dental experience, good interpersonal skills, be team-oriented and committed to promoting animal welfare.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including 100% company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. EOE
Licensed and Licensed-Eligible Veterinary Technicians
If you are a Licensed Veterinary Technician or Licensed Eligible Veterinary Technician in the State of NY, why not reward yourself with an exciting, fast paced job at the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization that is known for its medical expertise and professional staff. In exchange for working for one of the best organizations in the country, you will receive:
- Highly competitive compensation package which includes health, dental and life insurance opportunities provided at no cost to you.
- Compensation package also includes generous paid time off, holiday pay, continuing education allowance
- Appreciation for your talents in our interactive learning environment where you can grow and expand your knowledge.
- The opportunity to improve animal’s lives.
The Licensed/Licensed Eligible Veterinary Technician is instrumental in providing support to clients, patients and other staff members. The perfect candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well with staff members, be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. A passion for our mission is required. Experience a plus, but will train new graduates.
- Active NYS Veterinary Technician License Required/or Licensed Eligible
- Previous veterinary office and/or shelter experience a plus
- Must be flexible to work additional hours when workload requires.
If you have what it takes to contribute to this excellent group of veterinary professionals we invite you to discover the outstanding potential awaiting you at North Shore Animal League America!
Apply now so you don’t miss out! You are going to love working for North Shore Animal League America.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@Animalleague.org.
Certified - Entry Level Pharmacy Technician
We are currently seeking a full-time, Entry Level Licensed Pharmacy Technician to join our team of medical staff. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to: Calculating, preparing and dispensing of all medications for outpatient clients as per Veterinarian prescriptions; Reinforce Veterinarians instructions about appropriate methods of administration and any side effects; Distribute any printed materials from Veterinarians as needed.
Responsible for preparing all inpatient medications for ECU, Isolation, Foster Care, Shelter Medical and Surgery and distribute these medications to the veterinary technicians of each area.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required
- A passion for animals a MUST!
Hours: Full-time, includes 1 weekend shift
- College education preferred
- Pharmacy Technician experience in a retail setting preferred
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package.
Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org, with title Pharmacy Technician in the subject line.
All resumes submitted MUST include salary requirements for consideration.
Opportunities in Shelter Operations
Challenging and rewarding opportunities to provide a higher quality of life for homeless pets through adoption. Helping NSALA fulfill its mission and make a difference in a unique and powerful way.
Pet Behavior Senior Trainer
We are currently looking for a full time Senior Animal Trainer to join our team. In this role, the perfect candidate will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on the adoption floor during the busy part of the weekend and assist with adoptions.
- Coordinate dog playgroups with kennel associates and managers developing safety guidelines for various age groups.
- Write stories for hard to place dogs for the Animal League website.
- Have a working relationship to utilize kennel associates, with relation to behavior problems and training through group classes and one-on-one training.
- Go over trainer’s daily dog observation books in order to make suggestions and any needed changes in protocols.
- Approve written floor copies on animals with behavior issues.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly reports for the department manager. These reports to include dog status, training and puppy kindergarten class attendance and income report.
- Conduct safety training, obedience, orientation and in home training classes.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least six months previous experience working hands-on with canines in a shelter environment, veterinary facility or graduate of a dog trainer school
- Must have a clean New York State drivers license
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package. Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org. All resumes submitted MUST include salary requirements for consideration.
Kennel Associates Needed!
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Full Time and Part Time Kennel Associates to join our team. As a Kennel Associate you will ensure the general health and wellness of the animals as you assist them in finding quality homes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the public during the adoption process, feeding the animals, cleaning and disinfecting animal cages.
- The ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
- Strong communication and customer relation skills are a must
- The ability to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year related experience; previous experience working with animals strongly preferred
Full-time benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package and much more. Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org.
All cover letters MUST include salary requirements for consideration.