Opportunities in Clerical/Admin Support
Dedicated to supporting NSALA's mission our staff is committed to providing the best service to our adopters and clients.
Client Services Representative
We have an exciting opportunity for part-time Client Services Representatives to work in our call center of the Alex Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center in Port Washington, New York. Support the mission of North Shore Animal League America by providing exceptional Customer Service to all internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years Customer Service experience in a small to mid-sized call center environment. Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Non-profit experience a plus, but not requited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Bi-lingual/Spanish a plus!
Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail or fax to (516) 767-3121. All cover letters MUST include salary requirements for consideration.
Opportunities in Corporate Services
Whether you have years of experience or your career is just getting started, our corporate offices offer a great range of positions and professional careers.
Sorry, there are no listings in this department at this time.
Opportunities in Medical Services
Our Medical Staff bring care, compassion, and empathy to their job every day of the year, enriching the lives of the countless animals they serve.
If you have a love for animals and a passion to start a career in the veterinary field, this is the place for you! At NSALA Veterinary Assistants play a crucial role in our everyday mission to provide quality care to our patients. We provide ongoing training that enhances your professional growth and a learning environment with state of the art medical equipment. The perfect candidate for this position must be detailed oriented with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and provide exceptional customer service to our clients and medical staff, must be able to lift 40-50lbs, maintain the cleanliness of the exam rooms and assist the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians when needed.
• High School Diploma / GED
• Previous veterinary office and/or shelter experience a plus, but will train the right person.
• Must have flexibility to work weekend, day & night shifts.
• Basic computer skills a must
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal/ Bi-lingual a plus
• Must have a love for animals
We are currently looking for a full time Pharmacy Technician to join our NSALA team. In this role the qualified candidate will be responsible for calculating, preparing, and dispensing of all prescribed oral and parenteral medications as per Dispensary protocols; Ensuring accurate computer entry of all prescriptions written by the Staff Veterinarian on duty; Responsible for keeping record of all blood, biopsy, and urine cultures sent to the lab for analysis.
- Must be organized with great attention to details
- Must have excellent Math skills
- Strong communication and customer relation skills
- Minimum of 1 year Pharmacy Technician experience
- College education and Certification required
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Animal Lover a plus
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package and much more. Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org. All cover letters MUST include salary requirements for consideration.
Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician
We are seeking a Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician. The ideal candidate should be proficient in all general technical duties (venopuncture, IV catheter placement, thorough anesthetic monitoring, preparing and administrating medications and prepping surgical room and patients for surgery.
Licensed and Licensed-Eligible Veterinary Technicians
The licensed veterinary technician is instrumental in providing support to clients, patients and other staff members. The perfect candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well with staff members, be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. Must be flexible to work additional hours when workload requires. Some positions will require evening, weekend and overnight shifts. Experience a plus, but will train new graduates.
Opportunities in Shelter Operations
Challenging and rewarding opportunities to provide a higher quality of life for homeless pets through adoption. Helping NSALA fulfill its mission and make a difference in a unique and powerful way.
Pet Behavior Trainer
We are currently looking for a full time Animal Trainer to join our team. In this role, the perfect candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Speak to potential adopters about dogs with behavioral issues
- Evaluate any animal placed on a behavior hold and prepare a written evaluation
- Prepare written releases and recommendations for adoption of animals with behavioral issues
- Conduct safety training, obedience, and Sunday orientation classes
- Work with assigned dogs on a daily basis
- Set-up protocols for animals being worked on with behavioral issues
- Must have at least six months previous experience working hands-on with canines in a shelter environment, veterinary facility or graduate of a dog trainer school
- Must have a clean New York State drivers license
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package. Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org. All resumes submitted MUST include salary requirements for consideration.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Full Time and Part Time Kennel Associates. As a Kennel Associate you will ensure the general health and wellness of the animals as you assist them in finding quality homes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the public during the adoption process, feeding the animals, cleaning and disinfecting animal cages.
• Must have at least 6 months of customer service experience.
• Previous experience working with animals strongly preferred, however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
• This is an entry level position with room for growth within the league.
Driver - Offsite
We are seeking someone to transport NSALA staff and animals in a safe and timely manner to off-site locations and transport trips. Supervise staff and oversee entire adoption process and event at the location. Maintain mobile adoption units (i.e. clean, stock with supplies etc.). Select and load animals for the offsite event. Gather medical records and medications for selected offsite animals. Screen potential adopters for adoption approval, fill out adoption paperwork, perform computer and reference checks and enter shelter care insurance. Process approved applications. Must be available, if selected, to go on cross country or interstate events and rescue missions (examples are the Bayer event in Florida, Tour for Life (TFL) or rescue missions). Various other duties as assigned.
Full-Time (Thursday-Sunday, 10 Hour Shifts)
• Must maintain a clean driving record.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Must be able to work 10 hour shifts or longer; position is 4 day work week