Opportunities in Medical Services
Our Medical Staff bring care, compassion, and empathy to their job every day of the year, enriching the lives of the countless animals they serve.
We are currently seeking a full time Staff Veterinarian to join our team of professionals.
NSALA provides high quality medicine in a shelter environment, managing a large and challenging medical and surgical caseload. This includes general practice, pediatrics, surgeries, hospital rounds and spay/neuter procedures. Our state-of-the-art Medical Center is fully equipped with x-ray, pulse ox, tonopen, 4 oxygen cages, ultra sound machines, IV fluid pumps and full dental & some in-house orthopedic capabilities.
A New York State DVM license with at least 3+ years of experience required. Candidates must have dental experience, good interpersonal skills, be team-oriented and committed to promoting animal welfare.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including 100% company paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
If you have a love for animals and a passion to start a career in the veterinary field, this is the place for you! At NSALA Veterinary Assistants play a crucial role in our everyday mission to provide quality care to our patients. We provide ongoing training that enhances your professional growth and a learning environment with state of the art medical equipment. The perfect candidate for this position must be detailed oriented with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and provide exceptional customer service to our clients and medical staff, must be able to lift 40-50lbs, maintain the cleanliness of the exam rooms and assist the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians when needed.
• High School Diploma / GED
• Previous veterinary office and/or shelter experience a plus, but will train the right person.
• Must have flexibility to work weekend, day & night shifts.
• Basic computer skills a must
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal/ Bi-lingual a plus
• Must have a love for animals
Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician
We are seeking a Licensed Veterinary Dental Technician. The ideal candidate should be proficient in all general technical duties (venopuncture, IV catheter placement, thorough anesthetic monitoring, preparing and administrating medications and prepping surgical room and patients for surgery.
Licensed and Licensed-Eligible Veterinary Technicians
The licensed veterinary technician is instrumental in providing support to clients, patients and other staff members. The perfect candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well with staff members, be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. Must be flexible to work additional hours when workload requires. Some positions will require evening, weekend and overnight shifts. Experience a plus, but will train new graduates.
Opportunities in Clerical/Administrative Support
Dedicated to supporting NSALA's mission our staff is committed to providing the best service to our adopters and clients.
Sorry, there are no listings in this department at this time.
Opportunities in Corporate Services
Whether you have years of experience or your career is just getting started, our corporate offices offer a great range of positions and professional careers.
Director of Interactive Web Marketing
We are currently seeking a resourceful and dynamic individual as a Director-Interactive Web Marketing to execute tactical interactive fundraising plans that will build new relationships with individuals interested in our mission with the goal of acquiring new donors and providing giving opportunities for these new donors through digital related channels.
Key description of this role will include:
Utilizing the current infrastructure, this position will need to enhance the current on-line communications strategy by facilitating the development and delivery of required fundraising elements (email appeals, donation forms & tracking) to support donor acquisition, retention and loyalty campaigns across website properties. Review all emails including links, copy, layout and test transactions prior to launch. Integrate external channels such as Google, Facebook, and Partner Ad Networks into the campaign strategy which includes but is not limited to paid search.
Working in conjunction with the internal teams for all assets, schedule of appeals, fundraising stories in e-newsletters, resending of appeals, updating of homepage banners, and website content.
Accurately summarizing and communicating the status of all campaigns, initiatives, results, and trends with internal teams is essential.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years integrated direct marketing experience.
- Solid foundation of basic fundraising principles and proven experience developing successful fundraising marketing campaigns.
- Experience executing successful lead and donor conversion tactics.
- Experience in executing online, digital, SEO/SEM marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating creative development process.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to timelines.
- Ability to perform detailed work with meticulous accuracy.
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills and ability to collaborate effectively on a dynamic team.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet usage.
- Strong experience using Blackbaud Luminate or other similar application
The successful candidate will be a business strategist who has 3-5 years of professional experience managing on-line/digital fundraising initiatives. Must possess accomplished verbal and written communication skills along with meticulous attention to detail. Experience with Blackbaud Luminate strongly required. For consideration, all submitted resumes MUST include salary requirements.
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package.
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@animalleague.org.
Opportunities in Shelter Operations
Challenging and rewarding opportunities to provide a higher quality of life for homeless pets through adoption. Helping NSALA fulfill its mission and make a difference in a unique and powerful way.
Kennel Associates Needed!
We are currently looking for enthusiastic Full Time and Part Time Kennel Associates to join our team. As a Kennel Associate you will ensure the general health and wellness of the animals as you assist them in finding quality homes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the public during the adoption process, feeding the animals, cleaning and disinfecting animal cages.
- The ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
- Strong communication and customer relation skills are a must
- The ability to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year related experience; previous experience working with animals strongly preferred
Full-time benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package and much more. Please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to HR@animalleague.org.
All cover letters MUST include salary requirements for consideration.