Members get our updates on rescue alerts, league events, special offers and more.
Off-Site Driver Open House
|Date:||July 12, 2014|
|Time:||9:00am - 3:00pm|
|Location:||North Shore Animal League America|
|25 Davis Avenue|
|Port Washington, NY 11050|
Are you looking for a new driving position? Love animals? Want to make a difference?
We can help!
North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization and since 1944 the League's mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives. At North Shore Animal League all you need to succeed is a passion for animals and a positive can-do attitude!
We are currently seeking full-time Rescue & Adoption Transport Associates to assist customers and promote North Shore Animal League America's mission through prompt, professional, and courteous service.
Ideal candidates must exhibit the ability to remain professional, courteous and objective in all situations, with a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals. The driver will transport the Animal Leagues staff and animals in a safe and timely manner to off-site locations and transport trips. Supervise staff and oversee entire adoption process and event at the location. Maintain mobile adoption units (i.e. clean, stock with supplies etc.). Select and load animals for the offsite event. Care for all animals while in their custody. Gather medical records and medications for selected offsite animals. Screen potential adopters for adoption approval, fill out adoption paperwork, perform computer and reference checks and enter pet insurance. Process approved applications and payments. Must be available, if selected, to go on cross country or interstate trips. Transport events include emergency rescue efforts, Tour for Life (which is a multi-week event) and transport initiatives.
- Must be at least 25 years of age with 5+ years driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record for the prior 3 years and must remain insurable
- Position is Full-Time (Thursday-Sunday - 10 Hour Shifts)
- Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 1 year's proven experience with knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior, training and sheltering issues
- Candidates must have proven customer service skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Candidates must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with the public, employees and various vendors
- Candidates must be able to travel with minimal notice
Benefits include a 100% company paid benefits package. To RSVP to this event, please forward your resume to HR@animalleague.org.