Members get our free digital magazine, rescue alerts, special offers and more.
Senior Adoption Benefits
Our Seniors for Seniors Program matches amazing adult dogs and cats with caring senior adopters.
Adopters 60 or older can adopt an adult pet from the Animal League and qualify for these great benefits:
- No adoption fee
- Two free groomings annually
- 10% off all products at the NSALA Pet Store
- Benefits at the Medical Center only:
- No exam or medical co-pay within the first 15 days after the animal is adopted
- Free annual vaccinations
- Free semi-annual wellness exam (If additional procedures or diagnostics are needed, the adopter is referred to the Pet Health Center)
- Discount on preventative procedures
- Discount on diagnostic tests (lab report, screening tests)
- No charge for the following procedures:
- CBC Differential SMA
- Thyroid Profile
- All other tests provided at the Medical Center will be provided at just 10% above our cost
- Discounted micro-chipping ($15 to inject, $15 registration)
The Olga Graham Fund
The Olga Graham Fund graciously supports our Senior for Seniors program, helping seniors with limited incomes experience the joy of a pet.
To qualify for this program, an adopter must be 60 or older, and adopt an adult animal from the Animal League. The number of adopters assisted by the fund is limited, and participants will be chosen on a first-come-first-served basis, provided they meet the Animal League guidelines for eligibility. Please Contact Us to see if you qualify for this wonderful program.
Thanks to a grant from the Graham Foundation, the Olga Graham Fund may also be used on a more limited basis by seniors that want to receive the following benefits:
- Discount flea and tick preventatives
- A maximum of $500 per animal for any procedure or diagnostic test which does not fall under the guidelines for a wellness exam (CBC/SMA, T4/FT4, UA).
To apply for Olga Graham Funding, please email us at: SeniorsGrant@AnimalLeague.org or call 516-883-7900 x268