North Shore Animal League America Corporate Partnership Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in aligning with North Shore Animal League America to help raise critical funds to save the lives of dogs, cats, puppies and kittens at risk of euthanasia and find them loving homes. We are the world’s largest no-kill rescue and adoption organization, having saved over one million animals since 1944. We receive no government support, so corporate and individual donations are crucial to our work and to our vision of ending animal cruelty and creating a world in which all companion animals find compassionate, permanent homes.
We welcome companies and brands to inquire about creating a cause-related marketing program with the Animal League America as the beneficiary. We receive many offers for corporate partnerships and we would like to support every program, regrettably, we are not able to do so. We have established the following guidelines that will help ensure that those programs that we do support are in line with our mission as well as help you determine if we can meet your business objectives.
North Shore Animal League America owns certain trademarks including the North Shore Animal League America name and logo, the Animal League America name, Mutt-i-grees® name and logo, Pet Adoptathon®, Tour for Life® as well as others. Use of Registered Marks are prohibited unless there is a fully executed Cause Marketing Agreement. Registered Marks will not be released without a fully executed Agreement.
Criteria for Companies Seeking Partnerships:
- Alignment with our mission and vision
- A minimum of one year in business is required
- Program does not involve North Shore Animal League selling your products or services
- In order to determine if the program is a good fit for North Shore Animal League, you must complete and submit our Corporate Partnership Proposal Form
- A guaranteed financial commitment is based on the company, program, timing and partnership deliverables needed. Please see Corporate Partnership Proposal Form for more information
- If the partnership is mutually agreed upon, a contract is required to use any of our trademarks
- Mailing Lists: The Animal League America cannot agree to sell, loan or distribute its mailing lists or e-mail addresses
- Celebrities: We are unable to secure celebrities for promotional purposes
- Business categories we are not currently accepting proposals for:
- Pet food
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
Donation Disclosure Regulations:
Cause-related marketing programs that benefit North Shore Animal League are regulated by the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability as well as by applicable state commercial co-venture laws. Their regulations require full disclosure to the consumer regarding the benefit to the charity when donations are raised through a consumer purchase on all packaging, advertising and promotional materials in clear and unambiguous terms. Transparency is mandatory.
If your program is accepted, North Shore Animal League will work with your company to suggest appropriate disclosure language.
For more information about the BBB Standards (including Standard 19, specifically addressing cause-related marketing promotions), please visit www.bbb.org/us/Charity-Standards.
Registration as a Commercial Co-Venturer:
All cause-marketing programs to benefit North Shore Animal League America must follow all applicable state laws. Specific requirements for commercial co-ventures vary from state to state. We cannot provide legal advice and encourage partners to seek their own legal counsel.