About Our Program
Our program makes donating your automobile, truck, boat or even plane fast, easy and hassle-free—and it earns you tax credits—while offering another great way to help support our mission to rescue, nurture and adopt nearly 20,000 homeless pets each year.
• Fast and Easy • Free Towing • 100% Tax Deductible (As allowed by law)
How It Works
Complete the vehicle donation form and we’ll contact you to arrange a convenient pick-up time
You will receive all necessary tax documentation required for a deduction
Celebrate that you helped save the lives of homeless pets!
Have A Question?
Have questions about donating your car or vehicle to an animal charity? Find out how easy it is to donate your car and help pets at the Animal League.
- How do I know my vehicle is in good hands once it’s been picked up?
- North Shore Animal League America uses a fully licensed and insured national transportation network and complies with all federal and state regulations. By signing the title directly to Advanced Remarketing Services, North Shore Animal League America’s authorized agent, you are legally transferring ownership of your vehicle. When your title is received and your vehicle is picked up, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
- What are the tax benefits of donating my vehicle?
- If you itemize deductions on your income tax return, it may be possible to claim a deduction for your car donation. In general, donors who itemize their taxes may deduct the fair market value of any donated car up to $499. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may deduct the full selling price. For more information, please click here.
- How much of the money generated by the sale of my vehicle goes back to the charity?
- North Shore Animal League America receives approximately 75%, or more, of the gross selling price of vehicles donated to help fund our charitable mission.
- What if the vehicle isn’t registered in my name?
- The vehicle does not have to be registered in your name. The name on the title and the name on registration documents may often differ. Contact North Shore Animal League America at 1-855-688-8447 (1-855-MUTT-I-GREE). for more information.
- What documents do I need to donate my vehicle?
- Most states require that you have a clear title to the vehicle; some states also require a notarized signature to complete a donation. CA and LA also require an additional form that can be provided to you. If you cannot locate or have lost the certificate of title, we can help you obtain the proper documentation. The online donation form will tell you what is required in your state.
- How long will it take you to pick up my vehicle?
- All vehicle donations are processed as quickly as possible. Typically, your vehicle will be picked up within 2 or 3 days after the title is received by our agent’s processing center in Rhode Island. You can speed up the process by downloading documents and completing the donation process online. Special arrangements can probably be made when car donations must be made more quickly.
- What if my vehicle isn't running?
- Your vehicle does not have to be running, but it must be whole and have four inflated tires so it may be moved by our towing operators. You will be asked to explain the condition of the vehicle. In rare cases, North Shore Animal League America is unable to accept some vehicles when the costs of transport and processing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
- What can I donate?
- North Shore Animal League America’s vehicle donation program accepts almost all vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, trailers and recreational vehicles. Boats and planes require a call to see if they meet minimum criteria.