North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to support the daily accounting and finance related operations. The right candidate must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and reliable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile invoices to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Prepare and process checks.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases.
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Reconcile Impromed with the backup documentation from the Shelter and Medical Center.
- Prepare the daily Impromed journal entry.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Reconcile Federal Express weekly statements and postage.
- Maintain the accounting documents and keeps them orderly and up-to-date.
- Prepare previous year’s paid AP invoices for scanning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience as an Accounting Assistant/Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Excellent math skills with the ability to spot numerical errors.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Proficient in Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]