We are currently seeking a full time exempt Director of Events reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development and responsible for the management and growth of individual events and the events department.
To have success in this role you will be a creative thinker with vision and the ability to proficiently multi-task. Best candidate is a leader/director who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Candidate should be committed, versatile, solutions oriented with a high-energy personality. We seek a highly motivated, organized leader with outstanding communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must lead the successful execution of the organization calendar of fundraising and adoption events within budget and timeline.
- Must have the ability to consistently meet and work efficiently with other departments across the organization, including Communications, Corporate, Digital, Database Operations, Social Media, Finance and Shelter Operations.
- Responsible to develop and manage budgets and financial needs.
- Responsible for all phases of event planning, including produce materials, create promotion strategy, proposals, reporting, schedules, initiate meetings, committees, have knowledge of contract review and negotiation skills.
- Responsible to secure new and beneficial event relationships and maintain outside event partnerships already built while properly acknowledging and stewarding them.
- Document historic data for comparison and analysis.
- College degree and at least 10 years’ experience in non-profit Events Management is required.
- Must have management experience to lead and mentor event team members.
- Background in event production with various Manhattan and Long Island, NY based venues and vendors is a plus.
- Must have knowledge, understanding and efficiency in relevant computer applications and social media platforms.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Proven solicitation strategies, proper communication, on point messaging, organizational, and project/time management skills are required.
- Speed, accuracy, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take direction, input and pivot as needed with professionalism.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]