We are currently seeking a full time Sr. Manager of Events reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, and responsible for the management and growth of individual events, event attendance and the events department. Must lead the successful execution of the Organization calendar of national/international fundraising events within budget and timeline.
The Sr. Manager of Events collaborates with internal teams (Communications, Corporate, Creative, Database Operations, Digital, Finance, Shelter Operations and Social Media) to promote events through various channels. Responsible for helping to raise event awareness and reach. Develop and manage budgets and financial needs, plan event promotion strategy, create proposals, prepare reporting, possess excellent time management skills, initiate, and run productive meetings/committees, have knowledge of contract review and negotiation skills.
This position is responsible to secure new partnerships – relationships, sponsorships, audiences – and maintain partnerships already built while properly acknowledging and stewarding them. Document historic data for comparison and analysis. Provide pre-planning, implementation, post event debriefing sessions, after-action meetings, results and participant feedback with the goal to increase revenue year over year. Importance placed on the ability to research, identify, and solicit vetted prospects for committees, sponsorships, auction items, in-kind donations, giveaways and corporate/individual fundraising teams.
The best candidate for this position has a proven track record of successful nonprofit event planning and management, as well as a keen eye for detail. A creative, solutions oriented leader with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment with numerous deadlines.
Must be an outstanding communicator who can represent the Organization as event spokesperson with on point messaging when needed. Comfortable working around animals with the ability to handle animals is required.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead events professional for the Organization, with a focus on strategy, planning, and execution.
- Develop and manage the events calendar, ensuring all events are properly resourced and aligned with organizational objectives.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for events that will achieve desired outcomes.
- Plan, design, and execute all aspects of assigned events, including but not limited to logistics, budgeting, site selection, contract negotiation, supplier management, day-of logistics and on-site coordination.
- Provide guidance and direction to event staff including managers, coordinators, and support staff and volunteers who assist in the planning and execution of events to ensure successful execution.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all event-related inquiries, managing expectations and ensuring a positive experience for all involved.
- Oversee post-event analysis, documenting successes and lessons learned for future reference.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices, making recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and records, effectively manage expenditures and invoicing.
- Prepare regular reports for senior leadership detailing event activity and progress against goals.
- Establishing and enforcing rules, procedures, and policies to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to increase awareness of an event and attract attendance from new audiences.
- Ability to take direction, input and pivot as needed with professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and respond to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings. Some day travel will be required.
- Must be able to transport event materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, business administration, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience planning and executing nonprofit events, with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Proven track record of successful event management from start to finish.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and problem solver.
- Familiarity with hybrid events and event management software, including Constant Contact, Canva, Cvent, Social Tables, Eventbrite, bidding and survey platforms and social media platforms.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]