We are currently seeking a Education and Program Manager. The Mutt-i-grees Curriculum is North Shore Animal League America’s educational initiative designed to educate the next generation via social emotional learning and humane education with an emphasis on service learning.
The role of the Education and Program Manager is to promote the Mutt-i-grees Curriculum via media and publications. The ideal candidate must be highly organized with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within designated time-frames and be able to work independently and collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Connect with schools, libraries and shelters to expand participation of the Curriculum, assembly programs, and professional development.
- Develop media talking points and articulate program content for pitching to television, newspapers and journals.
- Establish a follow-up plan for maintaining contact with all media and publication outlets for new developments and updates.
- Foster collaborative relationships with schools, libraries, after-school programs, youth organizations, shelters, and rescue groups.
- Help to coordinate and participate in Mutt-i-grees programming off-site and on the NSALA campus.
- Identify content for the Mutt-i-grees website, Face book, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Travel locally, and nationally to conferences, professional development, assemblies, and other events as needed to engage attendees to promote and expand usage of the Mutt-i-grees Curriculum and related programs.
- Participate in writing content for newsletters, blogs, and other communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience or strong interest in child education with a strong commitment, ideals and enthusiasm to work with children and animals.
- Two to three years of job-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of public relations and branding.
- Good understanding of social media landscape.
- Strong organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently, and collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills to make on the spot decisions.
- Computer software proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license. Willingness to drive within the tristate area for presentations, professional development and the implementation of programs (company car is available for work related travel).
- Ability to train and instruct.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Education preferred.
- A desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals is essential.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]