We are currently seeking a Manager of Education and Youth Programs. The Mutt-i-grees Program is North Shore Animal League America’s educational initiative designed to educate the next generation via social emotional learning and humane education with an emphasis on service learning.
The role of the Education and Youth Programs Manager is responsible to identify and promote the program to relevant organizations, such as: schools, libraries, youth organizations, educational publications, and conferences with the goal to further build the brand as a first choice resource in education. Manage the dissemination of the Mutt-i-grees Program locally and nationally to existing and future partners. Set and attend meetings with educators, librarians and relevant constituents to expand the curriculum and assist in developing experiential programs to grow the Mutt-i-grees Program as it relates to the mission of North Shore Animal League America. The ideal candidate will have experience in education, communications and building relationships with diverse groups of people. Love of animals is a must.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarize yourself with the content of the Mutt-i-grees Curriculum materials for meaningful integration with messaging.
- Connect with influential educational resources as they relate to: social emotional learning, humane education, mental health and service learning to promote the Mutt-i-grees Program on their platform.
- Establish a follow-up plan for maintaining contact with current and lead partnerships, media and publication outlets for new developments and updates.
- Recognize and initiate media opportunities.
- Work on presentations for webinars, professional development and media pitches.
- Manage inquiries on the Mutt-i-grees program, and follow-up with potential leads for curriculum growth.
- Identify and foster collaborative relationships with schools, libraries, after-school programs, youth organizations, shelters, and rescue groups outside the organization and for on campus opportunities.
- Manage the schedule and documentation of all school, library, community organizations, and department programs to record all points of contact.
- Assist with copy for content across all Mutt-i-grees platforms, including web site, and social platforms.
- Travel locally, and nationally to Mutt-i-grees events. as needed, to engage attendees, and present to new prospects.
- Collaborate with the team to write content for newsletters, blogs, and other communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and/or Education preferred.
- Candidates with experience in education, communications and building relationships with diverse groups of people are preferred. Love of animals is a must.
- Strong commitment, ideals and enthusiasm to work with children and animals. Excitement about youth education.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of public relations, social media and branding.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Background in relationship and partnership management.
- Capable of working independently, and collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and able to make on-the-spot decisions.
- Handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines with positive results.
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills.
- Build and maintain good rapport with internal team, and external partners while handling situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train and instruct.
- Energetic and willing to work nontraditional hours.
- Valid driver’s license. Willingness to drive within the tristate area (company car is provided for work related travel during work hours).
- Knowledge of Zoom for webinar and conference execution.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]