We are currently seeking an Events Manager who will be responsible for managing and organizing aspects of fundraising and mission related events. This position is responsible for pre-planning, implementation and post-event activities, as well as ensuring each event has the appropriate staff and/or committees. Ideal candidate is a manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys creating memorable events with the ability to successfully execute events on time and within budget. Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multitasking environment with numerous deadlines. Experience with non-profits and prior experience organizing major events is required. Must be comfortable around animals and have the ability to handle animals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and facilitate aspects of fundraising and mission related events.
- Assist with management of event revenue and expenses.
- Research prospects, identify and support the solicitation of companies for event sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Work with the Sr. Events Manager, managing venues, vendors, facility staff, A/V needs, food and beverage service, rental companies, event technology, contracts, etc.
- Manage auction outreach and tracking with Events Coordinator – includes management of donated items, management of Givergy Auction system, responsible for reconciliation and fulfillment.
- Oversee Marathon and Half Marathon (registration requests, team members’ needs, plans Marathon luncheon and conference calls).
- Work with the Events Coordinator to setup fundraising emails.
- Research, plan and facilitate new mission-related and fundraising events and fundraising ideas.
- Develop and manage event work plans and timelines.
- Work with Sr. Events Manager to troubleshoot and smooth issues related to the successful execution of the event program while planning, as well as day of event.
- Work with appropriate departments (Communications, Shelter Operations, Web team, etc.) to develop marketing materials and social media messaging for events to showcase our organization and brand in a positive, professional, and consistent manner following approved guidelines and style guide.
- Work with Sr. Events Manager to identify and recruit volunteers to serve on event committees or event volunteers, recruiting from both constituents and the community.
- Schedule and prepare for post event debriefing sessions and after-action meetings.
- Bachelor degree required, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Events or related field is required.
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communication externally, as well as internally.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office including word, excel and power point and understanding of InDesign and event management technology, (Givergy) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously and respond to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to carry heavy items.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]