North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a Facilities Supervisor to join our team! The Facilities Supervisor will assist the Facilities Manager with oversight of all operational personnel and to supervise and perform all in house mechanical repairs. Responsible for maintaining North Shore Animal League America’s buildings and grounds through performance and supervision of tasks. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of supervisory experience with 3-5 years of hands-on experience in maintenance, carpentry, basic electrical and plumbing.
- Possess intermediate level skills in carpentry, electric, plumbing and knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, power tools, ladders, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment.
- The ability to prioritize work assignments and provide technical support to assigned staff with the intent of passing on knowledge and skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of safety procedures with a safety conscious attitude, record of punctuality and dependability, ability to work with pressure of deadlines, and a flexible schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to: walk; reach with hands and arms; stand for a minimum of 6-8 hours; and lift/ or move 50 lbs.
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
- Valid NY Driver’s License.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, all submitted resumes MUST include salary requirements. Interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected]