North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization and since 1944, the League’s mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives. Every year, the League reaches across the country to rescue, nurture and adopt nearly 18,000 pets into happy and loving homes. Over the years, the League has placed more than 1.1 million puppies, kittens, cats and dogs into carefully screened homes.
Our Pet Health Centers—comprising the Alex Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center, the Don and Karen LaRocca Pet Wellness Center, and the Freed Special Recovery Center—address all aspects of pet health, from prevention to treatment. Staffed by skilled and compassionate veterinary professionals, these facilities provide high quality, affordable care for animals in need. The Lewyt Medical Center, accredited by the prestigious American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), provides comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical, and dental services. The LaRocca Wellness Center offers a full range of preventive care, including physical and aquatic therapy, acupuncture, and nutritional counseling. The Freed Special Recovery Center affords comfortable isolation for animals with contagious disease, ensuring a safe environment for all. Open to all pets, the Centers support our no-kill mission to Rescue, Nurture, Adopt, and Educate.
We are currently seeking a full-time Recruitment Specialist responsible for creating and implementing an ongoing strategy to attract top veterinary talent to our AAHA Accredited Medical Center. Will work closely with management to determine and fulfill staffing needs, while promoting a positive experience for candidates through the entire applicant process. The Recruitment Specialist will focus on the recruitment of Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit for hard-to-fill Veterinary positions for the organization; develop workforce strategies for mission critical positions, including internal and external research and sourcing.
- Work with HR and Pet Health Center management to identify recruiting needs and job specifications.
- Write and post job advertisements for open roles on various media.
- Create and maintain online job postings across partnership network (Indeed, AVMA, IHire, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.).
- Develop and coordinate internal job posting program.
- Source passive candidates via resume databases, LinkedIn, Facebook Groups and other connection
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Deliver public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding our organization and available opportunities.
- Travel to job fairs/ national conferences and other networking events.
- Work with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Perform reference checks and validate candidate credentials.
- Develop and deliver compensation/offer; negotiate with candidates as needed.
- Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
- Support the HR Manager in recruitment across all areas of the organization as needed.
- Provide support to the HR team with other human resources related tasks, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience within a veterinary or healthcare setting preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong skills and depth of experience with external sourcing tools and candidate databases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and employee engagement concepts.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10 % of the time as needed.
- Robust health benefit plan-including medical, dental and vision
- Generous Paid time off
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Comprehensive pet care for staff pets
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
Work Location: Port Washington/Partial Remote
For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]