North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an experienced Gift Planning professional. The Senior Director of Gift Planning is responsible for executing and enhancing the current, integrated strategic plan for major and planned gifts. This includes leading, overseeing and increasing production of the Gift Planning Team as well as meeting or exceeding individual, annual goals assigned. Expectations include solidifying existing relationships with current major donors and legacy society members and ensuring targeted prospects are cultivated for the purpose of significantly increasing annual revenue and long-term financial commitments to safeguard the organization’s nonprofit mission for decades to come.
The Senior Director of Gift Planning reports to the Senior Vice President of Development and manages an onsite staff of 2. The ideal candidate will have a mature and robust track record of stewarding, soliciting and closing legacy gifts and single gifts of $10,000 or more. Key responsibilities include staying up-to-date on planned giving marketing and legislation, participating in seminars and donor events nationwide while tracking department outcomes to move the organization forward.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required and 15+ years of progressively successful nonprofit fundraising experience in Gift Planning. Advanced degree preferred.
- Established Estate Attorney relationships highly preferred. Additional legal or financial background such as JD, CPA, or CFP a plus.
- Solid understanding of estate planning, familiarity with all aspects of major donor fundraising principles and best practices.
- A goal oriented, proven track record in major gift cultivation, solicitation and securing single major gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Strong interpersonal skill set to successfully work with an integrated fundraising team as well as organization-wide departments including finance, adoption, medical and volunteer areas.
- Excellent computer skills and the understating of the importance of tracking and monitoring all touch points in shared database tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Direct Mail experience a plus.
- Strong presentation skills required, particularly to explain complex gift planning vehicles in simple language with diverse audiences. May present and educate at events, in senior management meetings and board meetings.
- Ability to inherently understand and match donor values, interests and preferences.
- Demonstrated performance in prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and working collectively as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to travel nationally as needed. Must have access to a car.
- Must be able to work onsite, including the flexibility for some evening and weekend tours and events.
- Ability to embrace and articulate the over 75 year old mission, vision and values of North Shore Animal League America with a demonstrable passion for animal welfare.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]