We are seeking a Senior/Staff Accountant to perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations and assists with monthly closing processes.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Cross-train with other staff accountants as needed for professional development and to maintain quality assurance on all job-critical skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of related experience required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate Excel experience and proficiency with accounting software.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, as well as an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].