North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Intern. Our Digital Marketing Intern will play an active role in the continued development of our online community and digital resources. Under the supervision of our Digital Marketing team, the intern will help drive donations, adoptions and attendance at events using a variety of digital media. Must be available Monday-Friday for at least 10-15 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship.
Our Internship program is designed to provide valuable real world experience through involvement in the following tasks:
See the impact of growing constituents and donations via email marketing
Create effective and persuasive messaging and subject lines
Test and improve performance of email marketing campaigns
Coordinate work with outside agency managing SEM, display and Facebook advertising
Review performance of keywords to learn how to use Google Adwords
Participate in the management of a website on behalf of an organization
Coordinate with various internal shareholders and test and finalize pages before launching
Ensure a website is properly appearing in search results (SEO)
Organize content according to purpose (print or web) and designated program categories
Help to effectively measure the performance of all online marketing campaigns across all channels tracking applications such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
Determine what visitors are doing on a website, where they came from, and how to attract more users likely to do what you want them to do
Regularly observe the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”
Help prepare weekly status reports that are presented to management across the Organization
Participate in an office environment and interact with senior management
Manage expectations, plan and organize tasks to meet deadlines
Gain insight into how ongoing projects are managed and how teams within an organization coordinate and share responsibility for completing tasks on time and on budget
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Demonstrated capacity to create and implement relevant web based content targeted to a specific audience.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- A strong desire to pursue a career in digital marketing, with a basic understanding of the principles of digital marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel, basic Photoshop.
- Ability to work on a number of tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to successfully work in a team and autonomously.
- Self-motivation, an eagerness to learn, and a passion for animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]