North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full or part-time Associate Veterinarians to join our 16 doctor, AAHA accredited medical center. We provide high quality, affordable veterinary care to our shelter residents as well as both adopted and community pets. Fully equipped, state of the art facilities. In house, capabilities include wellness center with rehabilitation suite (including underwater treadmill), dental suite, digital full body and dental radiology, endoscopy, class IV therapy laser, fully equipped surgical suite performing both soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery, and isolation facility. We see over 30,000 cases annually, providing an exciting and challenging work environment. The position is rotational through all departments, with emphasis on clinical case management.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide consistent and high quality patient care
- Perform thorough physical exams
- Make appropriate recommendations for wellness care
- Ordering and interpretation of appropriate diagnostics
- Ensuring medical records are complete and accurate
- Develop thorough and appropriate treatment plans (for inpatient or outpatient care)
- Provide high level of customer service
- Educating clients on all aspects of pet veterinary care
- Responding to callbacks and client inquiries in a timely manner
- Follow up on patients when warranted
- Keep owners adequately informed of costs of care
- Provide reasonable estimates for hospital or surgical care
- Surgical service
- If rotate through surgery services, able to perform routine spay-neuter in an efficient manner
- Must be able to perform at least 20 S/N surgeries in a shift
- Training will be provided to reach this proficiency level
- Should be proficient in other routine procedures
- Lumpectomy, Cystotomy, Aural Hematoma, etc.
- Be an active team player
- Make reasonable efforts to assist colleagues when needed
- Elevate problems/concerns to supervising veterinarian when appropriate
- Experience preferred, but new graduates welcome to apply. Active mentoring available.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Additional compensation includes:
- Generous PTO policy
- $1200/yr CE allowance (w/ paid time off)
- Reimbursement for AVMA Dues, NYS License and DEA License
- Individual or family health benefits through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield plan that begins on your first day of employment
- 401K, Life Insurance, FSA and more
- As a 501-C-3 Non-profit, employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].