North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking per diem Veterinarians to join our team of medical professionals. As a Per Diem Veterinarian you will be responsible for veterinary coverage for sick leave, vacation, weekends, or continuing education.
At North Shore Animal League America we provide high quality medicine in a shelter environment, managing a large and challenging medical and surgical caseload. This includes general practice, pediatrics, surgeries, hospital rounds, and spay/neuter procedures. Our state-of-the-art Alex Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center is fully equipped with x-ray, pulse ox, tonopen, 4 oxygen cages, ultra sound machines, IV fluid pumps and full dental & some in-house orthopedic capabilities.
- A New York State DVM license with at least 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Have the ability to be productive upon arrival.
- Strong client relation skills.
- Team-oriented and committed to promoting animal welfare.
- Must be able to lift 40-50lbs.
- Ability to handle and control animals.
We offer a competitive per diem rate. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].