North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full-time, 40 hours/5 days a week, Pharmacy Technicians to join our medical staff. Work shifts are a combination of days, evenings and 1 weekend day shift per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calculating, preparing and dispensing of all medications for outpatient clients prescriptions.
- Reinforce Veterinarians instructions to clients about appropriate methods of administration and any side effects.
- Distribute any printed materials from Veterinarians as needed.
- Prepare all inpatient medications for ECU, Isolation, Foster Care, Shelter Medical and Surgery, and distribute these medications to the Veterinary Technicians of each area.
- Provide great client attention, care and communication
- Filling prescriptions (oral, topical and injectable)
- Keep detailed records of medications and stock.
- Stocking items and replenishing inventory.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Certified Pharmacy Technician a plus!
- Proficient in college level math
- College Education or some college preferred
- High School diploma
- Work well within a team environment
- Great communication skills, Exceptional customer service
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, Highly detailed oriented
- Genuine love and passion for animals
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].