We are currently seeking an experienced License Veterinary Technician/Surgery Supervisor to join our AAHA accredited practice. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, reliable, and able to maintain composure in a fast paced environment, and have a passion for making a difference in the lives of animals. Must have at least three years recent experience managing other people in a veterinary setting.
- Supervise/ assign daily duties and responsibilities to veterinary technicians and assistants in the surgery department.
- Plan and enforce special projects for the day, i.e. ensure all dentistry, radiographs, bandaging, and surgical work-ups are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure that cleaning and disinfecting procedures consistent with surgery protocols are followed at all times.
- Maintain sterility of surgical area.
- Supervise medical ward technicians to ensure all animals are treated according to DVM instructions.
- Proficiency in general SOP of an operating room, catheter placement and venipuncture.
- Knowledge and use of hospital anesthesia machines and their maintenance.
- Ensure that all treatments are administered and documented accurately.
- Order and maintain the proper inventory and security of non-drug supplies. Maintain controlled drug log/inventory.
- Must be a Licensed Veterinary Technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ management experience in a related field.
- New York State Veterinary Technician license.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of surgery and surgery rehabilitation.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be proficient in information interchange between departments.
- Must be able to multi-task and organize on a large scale (staff and animals.)
- Must be able to perform appropriate leadership tasks in a stressful environment while maintaining the appropriate balance of respect and authority.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation, 401(k), FSA, a generous personal pet care policy and more!
For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].