North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an Adoption Center Greeter to assist Shelter Operations by greeting and monitoring visitors looking to enter both the Alex & Elisabeth Lewyt Canine Adoption Center and Bianca’s Furry Friends Feline Adoption Center.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Greet all visitors in a welcoming and respectful manner, and properly direct them to the appropriate area.
- Answer the phone professionally, politely, and promptly—transfer calls to voicemails appropriately.
- Be knowledgeable about the shelter, and aware of North Shore Animal League America events and answer basic questions that adopters may have.
- Assisting the shelter with any reports or data entry that may be assigned.
- Communicating with shelter managers.
- Knowledgeable of NSALA’s website and available pets up for adoption.
- Encouraging adopters to visit our Kiosk in the front entrance to help them with their adoption search.
- Perform various administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in customer service.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; have a professional appearance and phone presence.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work independently and organize, execute and complete work activities without direct supervision.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].