North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an Adoption Counselor to counsel and educate adopters in the proper and humane way in which to care for all adopted pets, and process all pets admitted through Adoption Counseling.
- Counsel adopters with basic behavioral advice.
- Generate and accurately process all adoption return and home admit paperwork.
- Schedule appointments for adoption returns over 30 days.
- Reject animals that have aggression issues.
- Generate new and/or obtain existing medical records.
- Process entry of admitted pets into our computer databases.
- Generate weekly statistical reports from those databases.
- Document and present more serious behavior problems to our Pet Behavior staff.
- Document and respond to all phone messages left for Adoption Counseling in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working hands-on with animals in a shelter environment or veterinary facility a must.
- Must have impeccable customer service skills and be able to maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times.
- Must be able to provide thorough and detailed reports regarding intakes and returns.
- Good communication, organizational skills and active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to work interdepartmentally throughout the organization.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].