North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an experienced Feline Behavior Associate to join our team. In this role, the perfect candidate will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic husbandry for pets residing with the behavior department.
- Socialize, implement behavior protocols for pets in BFF as instructed by trainer or behavior expert.
- Identify when a pet may need intervention from the behavior team.
- Assist with adoptions and be available to kennel associates with matching adopters to appropriate pets.
- Support any department experiencing difficulty handling or treating any animal within the campus of NSALA.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of feline behavior
- Previous experience working hands-on with felines in a shelter environment or veterinary facility a plus.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to maintain sanitation of animal areas.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]