North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization and since 1944, Animal League America’s mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives.
The Animal League is seeking a highly organized, energetic, and enthusiastic Part-time Foster Care Associate to assist with the administration of the North Shore Animal League America’s Foster Care Program. Must be able to work autonomously with a high degree of accountability, to meet or exceed established goals. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, accurate and highly organized. Candidate must be passionate about animal welfare and Animal League America’s mission and goals.
The Foster Care Associate is responsible to assist with the daily operations of the foster care department, by updating and maintaining the spreadsheets, scheduling appointments, accepting applications, coordinating supply pickups and helping to stay in touch with foster parents. The Foster Care Associate will provide support to the Foster Care Coordinator so that they can continue to cultivate relationships with the foster parents, implement new ideas to increase foster homes, as well as place foster animals directly into adoptive families utilizing both social media and offsite events. Qualified candidates must possess a knowledge of animal welfare: including adoption counseling, animal care, handling, health, behavior, training and sheltering issues. Must have the ability to handle animals safely and with patience and gentleness.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, and one weekend day. Position is 24 hours.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be exceedingly well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- The ability to multi-task and execute multiple projects successfully.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Animal handling skills is a must!
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work cooperatively with a varied group of volunteers and employees in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry shelter supplies, sometimes weighing over 30lbs.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, and one weekend day.
- Must possess excellent communications skills and a positive attitude.
- A passion for animal rescue and a desire to be a part of NSALA’s process of rescue, nurture, adopt and educate.