North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time Kennel Manager to join our team. The Kennel Manager will maximize adoptions through successful supervision and training of managers, Team Leaders and staff. Ensure the general health and well-being of the animals. Execute a wide variety of supervisory and administrative tasks.
- Supervise Kennel Associates (i.e., approaching adopters, cleaning cages, etc.)
- Interview, hire, train, counsel, and evaluate Kennel Associates.
- Monitor associates performance-ensuring adherence to proper kennel procedures and policies.
- Prepare work requisitions for all kennel repairs.
- Train associates to work in each kennel area, (i.e., Feline room, Puppy room, Dog area, Adoptions, etc).
- Monitor adoption flow and main adoptions and take corrective steps to ensure smooth/timely processing of adoptions. Approve adoption forms.
- Supervise animal inventory to ensure and adequate number of animals.
- Conduct daily setup meetings with the kennel associates.
- Communicate effectively with adopters (i.e., review adoption forms, explain medical conditions, promote adoptions).
- Process opening and closing procedures of the shelter.
- Complete daily and weekly forms as needed. (i.e., manager checklist, adoption goal, total adoptions, inventory open to admit, projected adoptions).
- Organize the pick up of lost animals.
- Staff other departments as needed (i.e., Adoption Counseling, Pet Behavior, I deleted main office Pet Store, etc.).
- Prepare AM daily bank drop.
- Conduct AM and PM count of Shelter Managers petty cash, open to hire requisitions, and budget.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of Development, Human Resource, and Medical Center functions.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of all Shelter Operations Departments.
- Maintain the neatness and cleanliness of the Shelter areas at all times.
- Must have management/supervisory experience.
- Previous Animal related work experience with the strong knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior and sheltering issues.
- Must be able to organize, execute, and report on work activities without direct supervision; lead a team of employees.
- Strong leadership ability, motivational skills and administratively detailed.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].