North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time Team Leader to assist the Kennel management team with the daily operation of the Adoption center. Supervise and train staff associates in promoting and ensuring quality adoptions.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure the staff does so too.
- Motivate and monitor associates in achieving daily, weekly and annual adoption goals set forth by the League.
- Supervise staff associates, i.e., assign work, schedule breaks, monitor cleanliness and animal safety, and work performance.
- Provide regular feedback to kennel managers on associates productivity and performance through the completion of daily Associate performance report.
- Monitor and control puppy, kitten, cat and dog inventory on adoption floor.
- Monitor adoption flow and take corrective steps to ensure smooth/timely processing of adoptions.
- Prepare work requisitions for all kennel repairs.
- Train associates to work in each Adoption center area, i.e. Feline room, puppy room, dog area, Adoptions, cat habitat etc.
- Approve adoption applications and when necessary, effectively communicate medical conditions to adopters.
- Conduct daily set up meetings with the kennel associates.
- Process opening and closing procedures of the shelter. Ensure the standard of neatness and cleanliness of the shelter areas at all times.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Request calls (organize and call)
- Buddy Program (work with a trainer on assigning hard to place dogs to shelter associates).
- Training releases (Up date dog and cat training releases).
- FIFO (up date one month list for the shelter animals).
- Previous experience working hands-on with animals in a shelter environment or veterinary facility a must.
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to maintain sanitation of animal areas.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].