North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the nation. Since 1944, Animal League America’s mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives
We are seeking a full time Manager of Offsite Adoptions to join our team of professionals. The Manager of Offsite Adoptions is responsible for the effective day to day operation of the Offsite adoption partnership programs. This includes successful event planning, promotion, logistics and execution.
This diverse position requires extensive knowledge of shelter operations and offsite. Must have extensive knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior and sheltering issues. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills that promote a positive, professional, and team oriented work environment. The perfect candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well with staff members, be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. Must be flexible to work additional hours when workload requires. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s license.
Previous experience working in a shelter is required to be considered for this position. Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise offsite associates (i.e., approaching adopters, processing applications, driving mobile units, cleaning cages, etc.)
- Interview, hire, train, counsel, and evaluate offsite associates.
- Monitor adoption flow on-site and take corrective steps to ensure smooth/timely processing of adoptions.
- Supervise animal inventory to ensure adequate number of animals.
- Conduct daily setup meetings with the offsite staff. Organize and prepare for the rescue of animals with CAP partners and ensure that all rescue procedures are followed.
- Responsible for a timely daily departure and staff set-up meeting. Assist in conducting weekly drivers meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- Schedule, coordinate and confirm all offsite events. Assist in ensuring that all scheduled adoption events are properly advertised. This includes the distribution of promotional flyers to all Offsite participants as well as the coordination of paid advertising. Work with partners for additional event promotion and preparation to maximize adoptions at every event. Attend and participate in events weekly.
- Oversee the efficient flow and care of animals that are used for offsite events.
- Obtain all necessary insurance certificates and permits for scheduled events.
- Perform media spots and segments when needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of local, regional and national corporate events.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected]