North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time, 40 hours/4 days a week Thursdays – Sundays, Offsite Associate who will be part of the team that transports, in a van or car NSALA staff and animals in a safe and timely manner to off-site locations and transport trips. Assist in supervising staff and oversee entire adoption process and event at the location.
- Represent NSALA in a professional manner while at offsite events.
- Maintain mobile adoption units (i.e. clean, stock with supplies etc.).
- Select and load animals for the offsite event.
- Gather medical records and medications for selected offsite animals.
- Screen potential adopters for adoption approval, fill out adoption paperwork, perform computer and reference checks and enter shelter care insurance.
- Process approved applications.
- Responsible for doing turn-downs.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the Mobil Adoption Program (MAP) while on location, including the safety of the animals and potential adopters and to make sure that all program participants are compliant with procedures and policies of the program.
- May be selected by Management, to go on cross country or interstate events or rescue missions (examples: Tour for Life (TFL) or rescue missions).
- May be selected for emergency rescue trips to rescue animals and assist shelters in affected areas.
- Must have a clean driving record and maintain clean driving record during employment.
- Excellent customer service skills. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Must possess knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior and sheltering issues.
- Previous animal-related work experience a plus.
- Must be able to work 10 hour shifts or longer; position is 4 day work week; Thursdays – Sundays.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]