North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full or part time Pet Behavior Associate to help ensure the general health and well-being of the dogs living on Campus.
- Feed and provide fresh water for dogs.
- Assist with morning or afternoon relief walks for Pet Behavior dogs.
- Confidently handle possibly challenging Pet Behavior dogs as well as new intakes and dogs in the kennel that become challenging due to deterioration or a change in their environment.
- Clean and disinfect all kennel runs, bedding, water buckets and toys.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Pet Behavior office as well as different areas that house Pet Behavior dogs which includes sweeping, mopping, scrubbing floors and walls when needed, dusting, and other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Provide enrichment to the Pet Behavior animals such as, but not limited to, toys, Kong’s and bones daily.
- Come up with new enrichment ideas and plans that will benefit our animals during their stay.
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease, and discontent. Report any concerning medical and/or behavioral observations to either a medical staff member or Pet Behavior trainer.
- Ensure cage cards are accurate on kennel runs.
- Assist in animal behavior assessments when needed.
- Follow protocols created by the Pet Behavior department for the handling and care for specific animals.
- Assist with adoption process when needed.
- Assist with approved and assigned enrichment time (recess, pack or co-walks, playtime, etc.).
- Assist with and follow behavior modification treatments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Previous experience working hands-on with challenging large breed dogs in a shelter environment or veterinary facility.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to maintain sanitation of animal areas.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]