Members get our updates on rescue alerts, league events, special offers and more.
Seniors for Seniors Program
Our fondest memories and funniest stories often feature the family pet. Regardless of our age, pets bring us joy, love, and companionship. They inspire us each and every day, they positively impact our health and can change how we see the world.
Our Seniors For Seniors program can help bring a wonderful pet and companion into your home. Our Adoption Counselors help each adopter find the perfect match. Our team has specially selected wonderful animals exclusively for this program. Then, our Seniors for Seniors program offers qualifying seniors with tremendous benefits to help care for their new best friend.
The Olga Graham Fund
The Olga Graham Fund graciously supports our Senior for Seniors program, helping seniors with limited incomes experience the joy of a pet. To qualify for this program, an adopter must be 60 or older, and adopt an adult animal from the North Shore Animal League America.
Learn more about how you can apply for the Olga Graham Fund.
Our Seniors for Seniors Program matches amazing adult dogs and cats with caring senior adopters. Adopters 60 or older can adopt an adult pet from North Shore Animal League America and qualify for these great benefits:
- No adoption fee
- Two free groomings annually
- 10% off all products at the NSALA Pet Store
- Benefits at the Medical Center only:
- No exam or medical co-pay within the first 15 days after the animal is adopted
- Free annual vaccinations
- Free semi-annual wellness exam (If additional procedures or diagnostics are needed, the adopter is referred to the Pet Health Center)
- Discount on preventative procedures
- Discount on diagnostic tests (lab report, screening tests)
- No charge for the following procedures:
- CBC Differential SMA
- Thyroid Profile
- All other tests provided at the Medical Center will be provided at just 10% above our cost
- Discounted micro-chipping ($15 to inject, $15 registration)
Ask the Adoption Expert!
For more information about the Seniors for Seniors services, or if you are a member of the program with a question, please:
- Call us in case of emergency at 516-944-6161
non-emergencies at 516-883-7900 ext.838
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us at our Port Washington Shelter at 16 Lewyt Street, Port Washington, NY 11050
Donate today to help support seniors and senior pet adoptions!