Since 1944, North Shore Animal League America has been saving the lives of defenseless dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens — over 1,000,000 to date.
Rescue. Nurture. Adopt. Educate.
A future in which all companion animals find responsible, loving homes where they are free from abuse, hunger, fear, and loneliness and receive the care and respect they deserve.
What We Value:
- The inherent worth of all companion animals.
- The principles and goals of the no-kill movement, which we’ve pioneered since our founding in 1944.
- The richness and complexity of the human-animal bond.
- The power of humane education, which is the heart of our Mutt-i-grees Curriculum.
- Our global network of rescue partners with whom we share our decades of experience and expertise.
- The generous support of friends and donors who make our work possible.
- Honesty, diversity, integrity, transparency, sustainability, and innovation.