Members get our free digital magazine, rescue alerts, special offers and more.
Who We Are
Since 1944, North Shore Animal League America has been saving the lives of innocent dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens — over 1,000,000 to date.
Our Port Washington, N.Y. headquarters provides a wide range of services for residents of the New York metropolitan/tri-state area, including our pet adoption center, a pet health center offering affordable veterinary care, dog training services, and so much more.
Hundreds of wonderful pets are available for adoption 365 days a year from 10am – 9pm
Info & Directions
Bringing Pets to You in the
Metropolitan New York Area
View Adoption Calendar
Pet Health Center
Quality Health Care at Affordable Prices
Hours & Rates
Dog Training Services
Offering Canine Behavior, Obedience Classes & Puppy Training
We have an unwavering commitment to rescue, nurture, and adopt animals and are proud
- The world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization;
- A leader in the no-kill movement, rescuing and rehabilitating animals instead of euthanizing them;
- An innovator in animal welfare to create a more sustainable world for all companion animals;
- A strong voice, elevating the status and promoting the acceptance of mixed-breed animals — Mutt-i-grees® — through advocacy and education;
- A collaborative organization that’s built a national network of shelter and rescue partners;
- A trusted source for information, education, and resources that increase adoptions and enhance the lives of adopters and their pets.
How We Help
Rescuing animals from overcrowded shelters, unwanted litters, and from owners no longer able to care for them are at the heart of our life-saving efforts.
The Animal League increases adoptions and raises awareness of shelter animals through innovative programs, education, mobile programs, and partnerships.
End Animal Cruelty
Our no-kill policy and important programs help reduce animal cruelty and euthanasia.
Our hands-on rescue efforts secure permanent homes for so many displaced animals — over 1,000,000 to date.
From mixed-breed shelter pet awareness and spay/neuter initiatives to our comprehensive education efforts, the Animal League helps reduce unwanted births and increase adoptions to reduce euthanasia.