Members get our updates on rescue alerts, league events, special offers and more.
Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care
If you've ever asked yourself, "Who will care for my pets when I'm gone?" North Shore Animal League America's Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care Plan is for you.
The program is simple. Complete one enrollment form for each of your pets, which we will keep on file here at the Animal League. If you are no longer able to care for your pets or if they should outlive you, we will immediately finalize arrangements with your representative, family member, or executor to have your pets transported to our facilities (transportation costs are separate and are your responsibility). This program is available to your pets regardless of where you reside.
We will provide food, shelter and state-of-the-art medical care for your pets until they can be adopted into new loving homes.
The program is flexible. Our Minimum Enrollment Fees can be funded in two ways:
- If you fund your pets' care at the time of enrollment, you will pay a reduced rate of $10,000 for the first pet and $5,000 for each additional pet. This option will allow us to take your pets if you become incapacitated or are otherwise unable to care for them.
- If paid on a deferred basis through a bequest in your will or trust, by making the Animal League a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement plan or other type of planned gift, the minimum fee is $15,000 for the first pet and $7,500 for each additional pet.
To Enroll in the Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care Program
Print and complete the following documents:
- Surviving Pet Care agreement
- Surviving Pet Care enrollment forms for cats (1 per pet)
- Surviving Pet Care enrollment forms for dogs (1 per pet)
Mail completed documents to:
Planned Giving Department
North Shore Animal League America
16 Lewyt St.
Port Washington, NY 11050
FAX to: Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care Program 516-883-8256
For further information about the Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care Program, please call 516-883-7900, ext. 354, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not take aggressive dogs, feral cats or animals with communicable diseases.
Nothing in the Planned Giving section of this site should be construed as legal advice. Please contact your attorney or financial adviser to help you decide what is best for your personal situation.