North Shore Animal League America is currently looking for full-time Porter/Maintenance Associate to be responsible for the overall cleanliness, safety and appearance of all League buildings and grounds.
Full-time hours- Tuesday through Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clean grounds and collect garbage daily
- Clean windows in all NSALA buildings
- Clean restrooms
- Stock toilet paper and paper towel dispensers
- Clean and maintain floors
- Clean wall & light fixtures
- Clean and fill all door mats
- Check lighting in buildings
- Special projects (office moves, painting, etc.)
- Snow removal.
- Perform routine maintenance activities.
- Field training ( minor repairs)
- Constantly observes condition of property throughout the facility and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Be available for scheduled ‘on-call’ time for emergencies, especially those arising from weather events, such as snow or heavy storms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years cleaning experience.
- 3-5 years mechanical training/experience in a related field.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend spoken English.
- The ability to lift cleaning materials and heavy equipment.
- The ability to use manual and power tools.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Must be able to spend a large part of the day standing up and moving and walking considerable distances.
- Valid NY Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]