North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking Experienced Veterinary Assistants to play a crucial role in our everyday mission to provide quality care to our patients, both within our shelter and at our Alex Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center. We provide ongoing training that enhances your professional growth and a learning environment with state of the art medical equipment. The perfect candidate for this position must be detailed oriented with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and provide exceptional customer service to our clients and medical staff
- Assist with medical examinations. Restrain and handle patients as needed.
- Administer oral topical, eye and ear medications, and bandage changes.
- Know vaccine and testing protocols. Prepare outside lab tests.
- Fecal and urine sample collection and run/read fecal tests.
- Prepare surgical packs using autoclave.
- Identify animals in need of medical attention.
- Document treatments in treatment record.
- Clean and maintain holding areas, exam rooms and equipment, clean cages, water bowls, litter pans and do laundry.
- Feed, exercise, groom and weigh patients. Perform special diet feeding.
- Collar, process and transport animals to other areas of facility when necessary.
- Stock medical and non-medical supplies.
- Monitor animals in oxygen cages.
- Must have 1+ years’ experience as a Veterinary Assistant, or applicable education experience.
- Hands on animal experience is required.
- Must be able to lift 40-50lbs.
- Ability to handle and control animals.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the exam rooms and assist the Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians when needed.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Full-time position includes 1 weekend shift.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].