The mission of The North Country Initiative, at our Adirondack Region Cat Adoption Center, is to reduce the euthanasia and suffering associated with feline overpopulation within Warren County, N.Y. and the communities immediately surrounding. This is being accomplished through rescue, the implementation of spay/neuter programs and through adoption.
We are currently seeking a part time or full time Veterinarian for our Adirondack Region Cat Adoption Center in Glen Falls, NY, to assist with their mission of Rescue, Nurture, Adopt, and Educate. The Veterinarian will provide consistent and high quality care to the felines residing at our no-kill Adoption Center, those in foster care and part of our post adoption medical programs, as well as community cats as guided by our rescue and spay/neuter programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform thorough physical exams and intake procedures
- Ordering, preparing and interpretation of appropriate diagnostics
- Maintain animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries
- Develop thorough and appropriate treatment and behavior plans
- Create adoption medical instructions for felines needing post adoption medical care
- Prescribe necessary medications
- Administer injectable, oral, topical, eye and ear medications and other treatments
- Perform spay/neuter surgeries and other minor surgeries
- Maintain accurate and current animal health records
- Assist in medical inventory management, including controlled substances reporting
- New York State Veterinary License required
- Experience preferred but new graduates welcome
- Experience with TNR and high volume S/N as well as cat behavior a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be an active team player
- Competitive salary
- CE allowance
- Reimbursement for AVMA Dues, NYS License and DEA License
- Our full time employees will receive Individual or family health benefits through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield plan
- 401K, Life Insurance, FSA and more available
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]