North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time and part-time NY State Licensed Veterinary Technicians (LVT) or license eligible Technicians to join our top notch medical team of 17 Veterinarians and a support staff of over 70 employees.
At our Alex Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center you’ll work with a team of highly skilled Technicians, Assistants, and Client Service Representatives and highly respected Doctors. We are an AAHA accredited practice. As a forward thinking facility, we keep up with the newest technology to meet the ever changing needs of our clients.
- Assist Veterinarians with medical examinations, dental procedures, surgeries.
- Administer medications as prescribed by Veterinarians.
- Monitor post-surgical patients.
- Per lab tests and scans.
- Display proficiency in all technical skills.
- Attend rounds and perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with clients, provide support.
- NYS Veterinary Technician License, limited permit, or are currently enrolled in an AVMA school program.
- Experience a plus, but will train new graduates.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to handle and control animals.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Must love animals and fully support the mission of NSALA.
- Flexible to work additional hours when workload requires.
- Full and Part-time shifts must be able to work a combination of days, evenings, and weekend shifts. (Per Diem positions also available.)
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].