The mission of The North Country Initiative, at our Adirondack Region Cat Adoption Center, is to reduce the euthanasia and suffering associated with feline overpopulation within Warren County, N.Y. and the communities immediately surrounding. This is being accomplished through rescue, the implementation of spay/neuter programs and through adoption.
We are seeking an Adoption Center Associate who will provide excellent customer service to current and potential clients of the Adoption Center. The Adoption Center Associate acts as first contact for the public providing associated office support.
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all that enter our facility. Maintain waiting room, adoption and reception area cleanliness.
- Handle incoming phone calls with a positive, non- judgmental attitude.
- Check messages and adoptadk email at beginning of shift and frequently thereafter. Direct emails/calls to appropriate parties.
- Refer calls/emails for requests regarding assistance with surrenders, strays, lost/found, and feral cat populations to Intake & Population Coordinator. Be familiar with NSALA policies and procedures. When necessary, record pertinent information and triage calls. Bring urgent matters to the attention of the Intake & Population Coordinator, Rescue Coordinator, Manager and/or Director.
- Process opening and closing procedures of the adoption center, including AM and PM count of petty cash.
- Receive and process adoption fees, donations, and other transactions.
- Complete daily revenue sheet for adoption fees and donations. Prepare bank deposits take to bank. Scan and send Daily Revenue Sheet, copies of checks, credit card slips and deposit slips to appropriate staff.
- Communicate daily adoptions to appropriate parties.
- Process and maintain expense report/monthly credit card spreadsheet.
- Maintain forms, adoption packets and reception area files. Print and make copies as needed.
- Become familiar with all felines currently available for adoption and assist potential adopters with adoption process ensuring the best match is made.
- Process adoption applications, discuss with Adoption Center Coordinator, Manager, and or Director for approval. Review adoption paperwork with adopters. Update and maintain Adoption Log.
- Assist Adoption Center Coordinator in the adoption process according to NSALA standards and philosophy to include: application, agreements, screenings, medical records, written correspondence, email, and phone calls.
- Create post adoption quality control sheet, maintain quality control calendar, and make post adoption quality control calls. Update records.
- Share post adoption updates to Adoption Center staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a familiarity with post adopt medical and senior to senior cases. Assist ACC when needed to coordinate exams, treatment, & payment.
- When required, attend adoption and special events to increase public awareness.
- Assist with preparation of transports to PW.
- Data entry into Impromed and Filemaker.
- Maintain proper inventory of office supplies. Communicate reorder needs. Check in orders. Record credit card purchases.
- Cat care and general cleaning if needed.
- Provide emergency offsite assistance if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred 2+ years Customer Service experience in a small to mid-sized call center environment, animal shelter or Veterinary/Medical practice.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, and demanding work environment.
- Maintaining confidentiality to sensitive client information.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].