North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking experienced Pet Behavior Trainers to join our team for full time, part time or per diem positions. The ideal candidates will have at least six months previous experience working hands-on with canines that have behavior and/or aggression issues. Assist and help rehabilitate these canines so that they can be placed into their forever homes.
- Work with various assigned dogs on a daily basis.
- Set-up protocols for animals being worked with behavioral issues.
- Feed, medicate and walk behavior department animals.
- Assist with playgroups with various kennel dogs.
- Evaluate any animal placed on a behavior hold and prepare a written evaluation.
- Prepare written releases and recommendations for adoption of animals with behavioral issues (including floor copies and behavioral handouts).
- Speak to potential adopters about dogs with behavioral issues.
- Assist other departments experiencing difficulties with the handling, treatment or movement of any animal exhibiting scared or aggressive behavior.
- Conduct safety training, obedience, orientation and in-home training classes.
- Conducts orientation classes for new adopters.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- At least six months previous experience working hands-on with canines in a shelter environment, veterinary facility, or graduate of a dog trainer school.
- Must have canine behavior modification experience and worked with dogs that have shown aggression
- Certification preferred.
- Strong dog handling skills with the ability to read dog body language.
- Good communication, ability to adapt quickly and make decisions.
- Must be dependable, responsible and work independently with little supervision.
- Must possess patience and a friendly personality.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]