North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full-time Rescue Associate Driver to drive our mobile units and travel to various shelters for adoptable animals and be responsible for the welfare of the animals rescued for local and out of state rescue transports. Ideal candidates must exhibit the ability to remain professional, courteous and objective in all situations, with a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals. Maintain and develop new relationships with local rescue groups and shelters.
- Mobile rescue transports-local and out of state.
- Work with the Rescue Coordinator to monitor shelter population in order to create rescue plans for local rescues.
- Coordinate local rescues. Evaluate and pull adoptable animals from local shelters.
- Develop new relationships with local shelters and rescue groups.
- Communicate with international rescue partners to coordinate pick up of animals.
- Track animals rescued and monitor special cases.
- Update rescue partners on adoptions.
- Work closely with Rescue Coordinator to schedule rescue admits and provide guidance on Feline TNR when needed.
- Enter all information on animals rescued.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience and knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior and Shelter or Rescue issues a must!
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record for the prior 3yrs. You must remain insurable during length of employment with the Animal League.
- Be able to drive the mobile units and have the ability to travel for out of state rescues.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team.
- Possess the skills and positive attitude to maintain good working relationships with the public, employees, and various rescue and shelter groups.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]