Would you like to be involved in saving the lives of dogs and cats across the United States?
We are currently looking for volunteers who can assist with the planning and organizing of our national events. The ideal volunteer has experience with phone work, communicating clearly via e-mail, and with data entry.
This position is part of the Off-site Adoptions department. Please review the full volunteer description below, and if interested fill out the online application that follows. Please remember to include “OFFICE WORK WITH NATIONAL EVENTS” in the last section that asks “In a brief paragraph, please describe below your reasons for wanting to volunteer for North Shore Animal League America.”
Position Title: National Events Administrative Volunteer
Department: Offsite Adoptions
Statement of Basic Function:
Administrative volunteers play an important role in assisting with planning and organizing national events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have experience representing an organization and communicating clearly through telephone calls and e-mails
- Need to be computer savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Can input data into spreadsheets
- Must be 18 years old
- Available during weekdays or Saturdays
- Reliable and responsible
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals
Training required: Events Volunteers are required to attend:
- Volunteer Orientation and Basic Training classe
Time Commitment: 4 hours a week for one year
Reports to: Director of Off-site Adoptions Department
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a volunteer in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required, and other duties may be assigned as needed.