North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a Human Resources Intern who will directly assist the Human Resources Manager with a wide range of projects related to Recruitment. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she/he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting, and be better prepared to working in the arena of Human Resources and the nonprofit sector. This is an unpaid internship.
- The Human Resources Intern will learn the practical application of:
- Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, reference checks, making job offers and negotiating starting salaries.
- Assist Human Resources Manager in conducting and arranging Job Fairs and special events that result in essential needs for recruitment drive.
- Research new, creative outlets to utilize advertising new positions.
- The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- Update and organize the filing system to ensure document and retension compliance.
- Assist with other Human Resources projects.
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields.
- Strong verbal communication skills, excellent written ability, computer literate.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn, ability to work on a number of tasks simultaneously and to deadlines.
- Ability to successfully work in a team and autonomously.
Desired Student Outcomes:
The student will get insight to a wide range of Human Resource processes, recruitment and administration.
Method of Supervision:
Intern will report to the Human Resources manager, who will provide the intern with day to day training.
For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected]