North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time Board Certified Veterinary Surgeon to join our AAHA accredited facility team. Our Medical Services team are dedicated to providing a caring, healing environment for all our animals, as well as those who visit our Alex and Elisabeth Lewyt Veterinary Medical Center.
This position is a senior position primarily focused on the surgical needs of the feline population in our new feline rescue and adoption facility, Bianca’s Furry Friends Feline Adoption Center (BFF), and advanced canine surgeries in our Alex and Elisabeth Lewyt Medical Center. The facility has dedicated examination rooms, medical treatment wards, as well as a feline surgical suite. The variety and volume of our caseload offers applicants the opportunity to work in a medically progressive practice.
Our ideal candidate is board certified with a primary interest in a balance of soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery. We would welcome an enthusiastic and team-focused veterinarian with a desire to provide compassionate care to our homeless rescued animals in a well-equipped hospital.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Board certification in Surgery
- Licensure must be in good standing to practice in the state of New York
- Interest in feline shelter medicine required
When you join our team, you’ll receive:
- Generous PTO
- $1200/year CE allowance (plus paid time off)
- Reimbursement for AVMA Dues, NYS License and DEA License
- Robust health benefits plan – including medical, dental and vision
- 401-K available
- As a 501-C-3 Non-profit, employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Comprehensive pet care for staff pets
- Work-life balance (no overnights, limited emergency, 4-day work weeks)
Want to find out if we are a good fit? Please submit your cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to [email protected].