North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking a full-time Community Outreach Associate who will assist with the Community Cats in need of help through admittance, TNR, Community Education as well as rehabilitation. Responsible to provide proper care, socialization, prepare community cats for adoption and assist in their adoptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate calls received regarding stray and feral cats, determine the needs and discuss next steps with supervisor.
- Provide TNR services which includes going onsite, trapping, transporting and drop off.
- Socialize and assist with rehabbing feral and stray cats that have been identified as part of our “feral to friendly” program.
- Clean, feed and medicate cats in the department’s care.
- Admit cats through our BFF program.
- Prepare proper paperwork once cats are available for adoption.
- Assist with finding adoptive homes as well as following up after adoption.
- Data entry, prepare reports and intake paperwork.
- Community education about Community Cats.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior and sheltering issues.
- Must have at least 1 year experience working hands on with cats in a shelter environment, Medical Center or in the Community.
- Must be comfortable with cats that have behavioral needs.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record for the prior 3yrs and must remain insurable during length of employment with the Animal League
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team.
- Possess the skills and positive attitude to maintain good working relationships with the public, employees, and various rescue and shelter groups.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]