North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full time, temporary, or per diem Community Outreach Feline Trainers to join our team. This position will evaluate Community Outreach felines that are showing fear or aggression. Evaluations include felines in the Community Outreach (CO) department, Felines being considered for the Feral to Friendly program, as well as feral and strays at private locations. Implement behavior modification, record and track progress, prepare for adoption and when ready assist with finding the proper home environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and handling felines that are showing fear and aggressive behavior within the CO department as well admits, felines at private locations and potential felines for the feral to friendly program.
- Assist with creating behavior modification plans for cats in the CO department as well as implement these plans.
- Track and record the progress of each cat in the CO department to ensure they are moving forward and if not give recommendations on next steps such as return to owner, sanctuary and so forth.
- Care for cats in the department that includes cleaning, feeding medicating.
- Assist with medical appointments and grooming.
- Train volunteers and less experienced staff.
- Evaluate CO felines placed on behavior holds by other departments, create written evaluation that includes restrictions, adoption plan if adoptable and behavior modification.
- Prepare cats for adoption, assist with promoting, speak with potential adopters, and follow up once adopted.
- Speak to potential adopters about felines with behavioral issues prior to adoption.
- TNR felines in the community as well as educate people in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least six months previous experience working hands-on with felines that display fear and aggressive behavior in a shelter environment, veterinary facility or TNR.
- Prefer experience with feral and stray cats.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
- Must possess a friendly disposition, patience and be comfortable working with the public.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
- Must be dependable, responsible and work independently with little supervision.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]