Love Animals, want to make a difference? We will train you for a new career!
North Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization and since 1944, the League’s mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives. Every year, the League reaches across the country to rescue, nurture and adopt over 20,000 pets into happy and loving homes. Over the years, the League has placed over to 1 million puppies, kittens, cats and dogs into carefully screened homes.
We are currently seeking an Offsite Transport Associate Driver to transport NSALA staff and animals in a safe and timely manner to various tri-state and out of state locations with a strong desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
This position is full-time. Work week is Thursday-Sunday – 10 hour shift.
Ideal candidates must mature minded and exhibit the ability to remain professional, courteous and objective in all situations. Supervise staff and oversee entire adoption process and event at the location. Maintain mobile adoption units (i.e. clean, stock with supplies etc.). Select and load animals for the offsite event. Care for all animals while in their custody. Gather medical records and medications for selected offsite animals. Screen potential adopters for adoption approval, fill out adoption paperwork, perform computer and reference checks and enter pet insurance. Process approved applications and payments.
Must be available, if selected, to go on cross country or interstate trips. Transport events include emergency rescue efforts. We will take care of your travel, food and living arrangements.
- Must be at least 25 years of age with 5+ years driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record for the prior 3 years and must remain insurable
- Candidates must have proven customer service skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Candidates must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with the public, employees and various vendors
- Candidates must be able to travel with minimal notice
- Experience/knowledge of animal welfare: including care, handling, health, behavior, training and sheltering issues a plus
- We will train the right individual
Our full time employees will receive: 100% Company covered Health Insurance for themselves and their family. This includes: Medical and Dental coverage, Hospitalization, Vision Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Life Insurance, 401K Retirement Savings Plan. Generous paid time off package which includes: Vacation, Sick, Personal days, 12 Holidays and even your Birthday.
Plus Free Medical Services for you Pets!
For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]