North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking full or part-time Associate Veterinarians to join our 16 doctor, AAHA accredited medical center. We provide high quality, affordable veterinary care to our shelter residents as well as both adopted and community pets. Fully equipped, state of the art facilities. In house capabilities include wellness center with rehabilitation suite (including underwater treadmill), dental suite, digital full body and dental radiology ( supported with cutting-edge artificial intelligence by SignalPet), endoscopy, class IV therapy laser, 3 GE Versa Active ultrasound machines, fully equipped surgical suite performing both soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery, and isolation facility. We see over 30,000 cases annually, providing an exciting and challenging work environment. The variety and volume of our caseload offers applicants the opportunity to work in a medically progressive practice. We foster a collaborative environment with a shared doctor’s office to discuss challenging cases.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- DVMs will rotate through all departments which include clinics (sick and wellness visits) soft tissue +/- orthopedic surgery (based on desire and skillset), management of hospitalized cases and shelter animal exams.
- Experience preferred, but new graduates welcome to apply. Active mentoring available in our collaborative work environment.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
Additional compensation includes:
- Generous PTO policy
- $1200/yr CE allowance (plus paid time off)
- Reimbursement for AVMA Dues, NYS License and DEA License
- Robust health benefits plan – including medical, dental and vision
- 401-K available
- As a 501-C-3 Non-profit, employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Comprehensive pet care for staff pets
- Work-life balance (no overnights, limited emergency, 4-day work weeks)
- Signing bonus eligible
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].