North Shore Animal League America is currently seeking an experienced Feline Behaviorist/Trainer to evaluate all felines admitted with scared or aggressive behavior. Institute a behavior modification program and implement its start-up and follow through for felines with behavior issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling of felines that are scared or aggressive within the department or within NSALA. Facilitate the movement of all felines being admitted to and from the department.
- Prepare daily foods for feeding, including preparing special diets for the appropriate felines.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all cages within the feline training ward.
- Administer medications to appropriate felines in pet behavior as well as those felines that vet technicians cannot handle.
- Evaluate any feline placed on behavior hold and prepare a written evaluation.
- Prepare written releases and recommendations for adoption of felines with behavioral issues.
- Assist Veterinarians with examinations of difficult felines. Maintain daily upkeep of medical records.
- Speak to potential adopters about felines with behavioral issues prior to adoption.
- Follow-up on all cats with behavioral issues within 72 hours of adoption.
- If a feline is deemed too aggressive or hard to handle by other departments, you will then be assigned to take over feeding, medicating or grooming of these felines. This would be regardless of whether the feline is admitted to the feline training ward or on the kennel floor.
- At least 1 year of previous experience working hands-on with felines in a shelter environment or veterinary facility.
- Must be dependable, responsible and work independently with little supervision.
- Must possess patience and a friendly personality.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected]