North Shore Animal League America is looking to hire full time Kennel Associates that will be responsible to ensure the general health and well-being of the animals as you assist in finding quality homes for them.
The position will require you to work 40 hours a week/ 8 hours per day. The work week will be Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
Position shifts will be a combination of:
12:00 pm -8:00 pm
1:00 pm -9:00 pm
2:30 pm -10:30 pm
- Feed and provide fresh water for dogs. Restock the feed area.
- Assist with morning and/or afternoon relief walks as well as enrichment time which will include recess, long walks, tug and playtime.
- Provide toys and bones daily.
- Clean and disinfect all kennel runs, bedding, water buckets and toys.
- Maintain cleanliness of all the different areas of the Shelter space which includes sweeping, mopping, scrubbing floors and walls when needed, dusting, and other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Write up and notify management of animals to be seen when they show signs of illness.
- Ensure cage cards are accurate on kennel runs.
- Assist with adoption process when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to responsibly control animals of varying size, strength and energy levels including dogs that are behaviorally at risk.
- Basic understanding of dogs and their body language and behavior.
- Previous experience working hands-on with challenging large and small breed dogs in a shelter environment or veterinary facility a plus.
- Positive and friendly attitude, Good communication and listening skills.
- Must be dependable, responsible and punctual.
- Ability to work independent, able to think on your feet.
- Desire to make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].