Can I get my dog back?

////Can I get my dog back?


My dog is staying with my ex boyfriend and my son, but I want my dog back because my ex is not taking care of him. Can I get my dog back?


People who believe that their animal is being wrongfully withheld can commence a lawsuit (replevin action) for the return of their animal. People who suspect an animal is being mistreated can also make a complaint with the police, other local law enforcement officers, and society for the prevention of cruelty to animals (SPCA).

PLEASE NOTE: Responses to legal inquiries are not meant to replace seeking legal advice from an attorney in your state. The materials in this website and any responses to questions are for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. This website, the information contained herein, and any responses to questions directed to this column are not intended to create and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely or act upon any information provided on this website or in any response to your inquiry without seeking the advice of an attorney in your state regarding the facts of your specific situation.

Send Your Pet Legal Question Now!

Elinor will field as many questions as she can and they will be posted here on this site. Due to the volume of questions received, not all questions are answered. However, many individuals have similar questions. You may find helpful information in the categories listed below.

Ask a Legal Question

By |2018-01-10T15:04:51-04:00October 12th, 2017|